The effect tooth loss can have on your oral health and confidence can be overwhelming. However, dental implants are becoming an increasingly popular solution for those who’ve lost a tooth or several teeth, as they help restore your natural, beautiful smile.
And the best bit? Unlike many other dental practices, we take care of the entire dental implant procedure from Start to Finish, offering everything from the specialist extraction to the complete restoration. This gives you peace of mind that everything is being taken care of under one roof, and that we’ll achieve the optimum results for you.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
You could have lost your tooth as the result of a number of things, including gum disease, extraction, or an injury, but it’s how this tooth is replaced that’s most important. Even if the gap in your teeth isn’t noticeable, leaving it there could cause bone deterioration, which may mean your smile loses its shape and reduces the amount of protection your surrounding teeth have.
To get a dental implant, you’ll need to visit us to get a tailored treatment plan. This will address your specific needs, ensuring the implant that’s fitted is right for you. Once this is established, a tiny titanium screw (a root implant) is placed. Over the next six to 12 weeks, your mouth heals, securing the metal post in your jaw. Your new tooth (a crown) is then attached to this implant using an abutment (a connector post).
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Opting for dental implants provides you with a number of unbeatable advantages, including:
- Improved appearance to your teeth as they look like your natural ones
- A permanent solution, as they’re designed to last a lifetime (if they’re looked after correctly)
- Improved speech as you aren’t worried about ill-fitting dentures slipping while you talk
- Greater comfort as they feel just like your natural teeth
- Fewer restrictions when you’re eating as dentures aren’t sliding around in your mouth
- Better oral health as there are no gaps for food to get stuck in and your natural teeth are protected by the crown
- Boosted confidence as you feel you can smile fully without showing off any gaps in your teeth
Book Your Dental Implants in Yuma, Arizona, Today!
With Picacho Family Dental, you can be confident in the results we can achieve because everything is taken care of in-house. From your initial consultation with Dr. Jason Lemmon to walking out of the door with a confident smile, saying goodbye to missing teeth has never been easier. To book your appointment, call (928) 318-6359 today.